Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Trump Vows Again to Shut Down the Government

"Yes, if we don't get what we want . . . . I will shut down the government . . . I am proud to shut down the government for border security.'' - Donald Trump - December 11, 2018





"I will be the one to shut it down. I'm not going to blame you for it." - Donald Trump - December 11, 2018





https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/trump-i-am-proud-to-shut-down-the-government-for-border-security



Later, Trump will deny it.



"I am proud to shut down the government for border security because the people of this country don't want criminals and people that have lots of problems and drugs pouring into our country," Trump said at a meeting in which he and Democratic leaders openly feuded about the border wall.



"If we don't get what we want one way or the other ... I will shut down the government," Trump said.