Sunday, November 16, 2014

Greetings!



When I signed on (Fall Semester, 2009) with "The Creative Call" at Palmer Memorial Episcopal Church in Houston, TX, I felt almost out of place among the painters, writers, musicians, etc., who gathered that first night. I kept at it, though, writing in my journal, and attending class each Wednesday. Then something happened.

Artist and friend, Patricia Hinojosa, gave me some materials to work with, and some basic instruction in the creation of Artist Trading Cards. This is a sample of what came out of that.



Since then, beginning around Christmas of 2009, I began working with acrylics on canvas. I've also taken one painting class at Houston Baptist University. My work has appeared in several showings since then. Two of my pieces were juried and selected by the Art faculty at Houston Baptist University for exhibit.

Also, I painted a huge wall mural depicting my view of the Garden of Eden. Drop by Palmer and see this when you can.

I thank my friends, classmates, and family who continue to encourage me to explore my creative call. Feel free to sign the guest book below or to share your comments via email at sherry@rbyrd.net.

Guestbook