Saturday, September 5, 2009

Should the President Speak to Students

The right wingers who are complaining about President Obama addressing our nation's students didn't complain when it was Reagan doing it.

"Thank you all, and welcome to the White House, and thank you for coming. I want to congratulate all of you from John A. Holmes High School in Edenton, North Carolina, on your great achievements this year and on your upcoming graduation. And a special greeting to Rob Boyce, the principal of this fine school.

As you know, my remarks are being broadcast live over radio and television to high school students throughout the country. While I was in Tokyo at the economic summit, I found myself thinking about all of you, and I decided that when I got back it'd be good to report to you -- share some thoughts that I've been having about the future."
Not one word of complaint from the wingers.
Back to Top