Saturday, December 13, 2014

Imzadi Preaches



7725   PM:   Doss   [Quote]     -- 1:12am -- Sat, Dec 13, 14 pst


doss

Dosset, it is OK if you believe I have a cold heart. I suspect I have
more actual Christian values in the life I lead than all those people in
your congregation put together. Believe what you will

You misread me.


I believe in fact that you have a very warm heart. That's not to say
that you don't have a coldness toward organized religion. Human
beings,ARE, of course capable of embracing many different and sometimes
conflicting attitudes at the same time.

It's okay that you feel that way. You are probably VERY justified in doing so.

The point I hoped to make is that some view ''preaching'' as absolutist mouthing of do's and do not's.


In fact, preaching is little more than a public conversation about
values. Good preachers tell an engaging story --- IB2B HOOKED you --
admit it. *S* And good preachers invite discussion.


You do it every time you come into this chat room. Believe it or not, you're one helluva good preacher yourself.